Juicy, tender, flavor packed and easy to make, my spring time turkey burgers are perfect for weeknight meal prep.
I love a good homemade turkey burger–but my spring time turkey burgers HIT different ya’ll.
I have to say that I have perfected how to get them super juicy every single time. I usually keep it simple with just onions and peppers as the filling but this time I wanted to jazz things up a bit and use the freshness of spring! I added some spinach, fresh parsley and a block of garlic and herb boursin cheese and boy were they good! I love this recipe because one pound of ground turkey goes a long way! I made 6 large turkey burgers with this recipe. I cooked 4 right away and froze the other two uncooked for an easy meal when we don’t feel like cooking. Nothing like having fresh burger patties ready to go especially as the weather gets warmer and grilling season begins.
The work that this recipe takes is minimal and once you have the patties formed you’re good to go! All that happens next is your choice of cooking method. I seared them on the stove top because I love that crust that you get from using that method but feel free to grill, bake or even air fry–the choice is yours!
The burgers come out soooo juicy, ya’ll it’s crazy! Honestly, even better the next day, that’s why I’m suggesting these for an easy meal prep option. You can enjoy the patties as a burger or even on a salad or with your favorite side–you can’t go wrong with whatever you choose.
One thing to note is that if you like a good sauce on turkey burger patties the perfect choice here is a sweet, smoky bbq sauce! OMG—I put some bbq sauce on my spring time turkey burger and it was slamming! I also added extra cheese but that’s just me lol Not required at all.
Okay, I think I’ve done enough talking and if you’re still reading that means you don’t have time for all this small talk–let’s jump into the recipe so that you can make it and tell me how much you enjoyed it!
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 1/3 cup onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup of bell peppers, assorted colors, finely minced
- 1/2 cup of chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 1 block of boursin garlic and herb cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp all purpose seasoning like maggie
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Olive oil or avocado oil for searing
- in a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together and mix well with your hands
- Form 6 large turkey burger patties
- Set them in the freezer for 10 minutes before cooking
- To a skillet, heat oil on medium heat
- Sear burgers on each side for 5 minutes or until golden brown
- Cover covers with lid and reduce heat to medium low and allow the inside of the patties to cook through
- Patties are done when internal temp registers 160 degrees F