My lemon garlic parmesan chicken thighs are made with just a few simple pantry ingredients and bursts with amazing flavor–this is the recipe to try!
As you know I’m a chicken girlie, and I love nothing more than a new chicken dish. I’ve seen parmesan chicken wings many times and I too have made delicious parmesan crusted chicken tenders in the air fryer and the flavor is out of this world. My husband loves chicken thighs and so I’m always looking for new ways to enjoy it. Once you make my lemon garlic parmesan chicken thighs dish you won’t want chicken thighs any other way.
To clarify a few things, I did make the chicken on a bed of baby dutch potatoes. This is totally optional if you have a different side in mind, it does not impact that flavor of the chicken so no worries there!
All you need to make my lemon garlic parmesan chicken thighs is:
- Bone in chicken thighs, trimmed
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Garlic paste
- Kosher salt
- Blackening seasoning, I like this one
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Baby dutch potatoes *optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Garnish with lemon zest & fresh parsley to taste
Okay, don’t skip the lemon zest garnish because it’s really the finisher that gives a nice punch of lemon flavor. If you don’t want to zest a lemon, I get it, add about 1 tsp of lemon juice to the chicken while seasoning.
Can I use boneless chicken thighs for this recipe?
Sure you can! BUT it won’t have nearly as much flavor as bone in chicken thighs. If you do decide to use boneless, be sure to adjust the cook time because you don’t want to overcook. I would cook boneless chicken thighs for about 20-30 minutes max until internal temp registers 165 F.
Why is the cook time so long?
When cooking at 350 F, you aren’t roasting the meat, so it’s a nice steady cooking temperature that will allow the meat to cook all the way through on the inside and develop a really nice crispy crust on the outside. I know an hour and 15 minutes it a long time for 4 chicken thighs but it’s so worth it for that nice crunch and perfectly cooked meat. If you’re in a pinch and need to cut the time in half, just crank the heat up to roasting at 425 and cook for 30-35 minutes or until internal temperature registers 165 F.
- 4 bone in chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp blackening seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 lb baby dutch potatoes, halved
- Garnish with 1 tsp of lemon zest & 1 tbsp of fresh parsley to taste
- Heat oven 350 degrees
- In a baking dish, add baby dutch potatoes in a single layer
- Top with clean and trimmed chicken thighs
- Season chicken with seasoning blend liberally, add mayo, garlic and parmesan cheese
- Mix well to combine everything in the dish, including the potatoes
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until chicken skin is crisp and juices run clear
- Garnish with fresh lemon zest and freshly chopped parsley
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a review for how the dish went, and check out my website for even more delicious recipes!