This Instant Pot White Bean Soup is absolutely delicious, only requires a handful of regular ingredients that you probably have in your pantry, is fast and easy to make, with no soaking.
This recipe is a part of a holiday recipe roundup collaboration hosted by me, Natasha of @asiliglamcooks. For this week we are focusing on the best fall slow cooker meals. I hope you’ll enjoy this guest post below!
Hi everyone, my name is Kate from @paleolowcarbkate.
This Instant Pot White Bean Soup is absolutely delicious, only requires a handful of regular ingredients that you probably have in your pantry, is fast and easy to make, with no soaking. It is also way healthier and budget-friendly, in comparison to regular store-bought canned white bean soups.
What makes this Instant Pot White Bean Soup so good
- Comfort food – it is absolutely comforting making it the perfect soup for fall (autumn) or winter! The beans add a creamy taste without being too rich, the bacon adds a smoky flavor and all the ingredients work so well together.
- Easy – this is an easy recipe that requires no soaking!! The Instant Pot does much of the work leaving you with more time to accomplish other tasks while the white beans cook!
- Make–ahead – this Instant Pot white bean soup can be made-ahead, making it perfect for meal-prep. It stores well and tastes just as great on the next day! It will keep in the fridge in suitable containers for 4-5 days, and frozen for up to 3 months.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for garnishing
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 cups leftover ham (diced)
- 11/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 pound dried white beans (I used tuscan beans for this recipe)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar*
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- Thyme leaves, crumbled feta or red pepper flakes (to garnish)
- Set the Instant Pot to the SAUTE function and the time for 20 minutes then heat the oil. Stir in the onion and cook until translucent, for about 6 minutes. Add the garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Next, add the white wine and cook for about 5 minutes or until the pot is almost dry. Stir in the white beans , ham, carrots, diced tomatoes, broth and salt then stir to combine.
- Close the lid, making sure to set it to seal then program the Instant Pot to PRESSURE COOK at high, for 30 minutes. Once the cooking time is over, allow the beans to naturally pressure release for at least 10 minutes, before doing a manual pressure release.
- Add the tomato paste and brown sugar. Season with more salt if needed and add some more brown sugar (optional), if too tangy.
- Cover, set the Instant Pot to SAUTE for 15 minutes and cook until the beans are creamy and tender, stirring from time to time. You can add 15 more minutes to the cooking time, if not cooked through.
- Garnish with thyme leaves, crumbed feta or red pepper flakes. Serve this Instant Pot White Bean Soup with toasted bread, baguette or simply enjoy it as it is!!
Feel free to add more brown sugar, if the soup is too tangy. You can also completely omit it.
- Feel free to use other seasonal vegetables such as potatoes and celery, in addition to the carrots. You can also use your favorite herbs and seasonings.
- Use the smaller variety of white beans (such as cannellini or Tuscan beans)- I do not recommend using giant beans.
Let us connect: Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Tiktok:@paleolowcarbkate.com, Website: https://www.paleolowcarbkate.com/
Tune in tomorrow for our next submission for our next slow cooker recipe roundup hosted by @asiliglamcooks and friends.
P.S. Check out my last recipe here.