If you love a good baked potato then take it to the next level with my loaded short rib baked potato recipe.
I am a huge fan of having baked potato as a side, I find it delicious, filling and satisfying. I also love twice baked potatoes and adding protein as well. In the past, I’ve done a twice baked crab baked potato and that flavor is out of this world.
With my loaded short rib baked potato it really serves as a full meal because it’s your side and main all in one. The combination of the creamy potato with the savoriness of the short rib plus the addition of cheese and caramelized onions–next level!
This recipe like the other’s in my short rib series really works best with left over short ribs. If you have leftover short ribs and caramelized onions then you are golden! This recipe will take you no time.
The only cooking you need to do is to roast your baked potato and if you have a potato cooker like this on it will take you a matter of minutes!
Once you have those two things you’re ready to jump into my quick and easy loaded short rib baked potato recipe.
- 2 large russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp of caramelized Onions
- Handful of Gruyere Cheese
- 2 oz left over shredded short rib meat
- Cook baked potato according to personal preference, cook time will vary, see notes section
- Once potato is cooked, slice and fluff, season with salt
- To the baked potato, top with leftover shredded short rib, caramalized onions and gruyere cheese
- Bake until cheese is nice and melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes on broil
Cook time for potato will vary--if cooked in the oven, it will take up to 90 minutes depending on size of potato
If cooked in a potato cooker, it will take approx 10 minutes in the microwave