Chicken alfredo move over there’s a new boss in town and it’s my easy creamy shrimp pasta!
If there’s one thing I could eat every single day it would have to be pasta! Like most of you, I am obsessed with a quick and easy pasta dish that’s loaded with flavor! For me the components to the best pasta dish is ensuring it’s creamy, well balanced with sauce to noodles and most importantly favorful! Doesn’t hurt if it’s cheesy too *wink, wink*.
My easy creamy shrimp pasta can be made in just about thirty minutes if not less and is the perfect weeknight meal. I kid you not, I almost always make this type of pasta midweek when ideas and dinner motivation is running low. Even my husband who isn’t a huge fan of pasta finds this meal appetizing and satisfying. You only need a few key ingredients to bring this dish together:
Seasoning *duh* Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, black pepper and seafood seasoning
Tips for making my easy creamy shrimp pasta:
- Don’t over cook the shrimp! When I tell you to only saute the shrimp for 2-3 minutes, I mean it! Especially if you have small shrimp. It really takes no time at all to cook. The shrimp will tell you when it’s ready by changing from translucent to opaque.
- Use a nice long noodle like linguine, fettuccine, bucatini or spaghetti–in my opinion, this sauce just works better with a longer noodle but that’s totally my preference
- Don’t skip the sour cream–OMG believe me when I tell you I was shook at how velvety my sauce was because of the addition of the sour cream. Try it!
- 1 lb of small to medium shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails removed
- 8 oz of linguine, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/3 cup of crushed tomatoes
- 1 small white onion, diced finely
- 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
Seasoning for shrimp
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Seafood seasoning, like Old Bay
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and seafood seasoning
- To a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and quickly saute shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until opaque
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside to rest
- To the same pan in residual oil add onion and saute for 2 minutes or until fragrant
- Add crushed tomatoes and saute for 1 minute
- Next, add butter and heavy cream and stir until well combined
- In a separate container, blend sauce until smooth then add back to the skillet *I use an immersion blender to do this step*
- Add parmesan cheese and sour cream, stir to combine and allow sauce to simmer for an additional minute
- Add pasta and shrimp to sauce and mix well to combine
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese and enjoy
You can skip the blending of the sauce part but I wanted the crushed tomotates to be completly dissolved for this sauce! Just wanted the flavor and color.
If you make this recipe be sure to let me know how you like it in the comments below! Also check my Instagram for daily food inspo!