My spatchcock chicken with white wine butter and herbs is the perfect meal to make for your family with plenty to go around, everyone will be begging for more!
As you’re aware, living in a fast-paced world can make us feel really disconnected – from ourselves, our interests, and most importantly – our family. That said, I have vowed to myself that at least once a week, I have dinner with my dearest ones in our own humble abode, with no distractions in sight. As a result, this has pushed my creativity beyond limits, encouraging me to try out new dishes. So, I came up with one that’s extremely easy to make and tastes heavenly! Let me show you how to make Spatchcock chicken with white wine, butter, and herbs.
Apart from the meat, you most likely have all of the following ingredients in your own home, so there is no need for a run to the store. Here’s what you’ll need to make spatchcock chicken with white wine, butter, and herbs.
- 1 Chicken, butterflied with backbone removed
- Dry white wine like pinot grigio or cooking wine
- Chicken stock
- White onion, roughly chopped
- Butter, cubed
- Rosemary or thyme
- Garlic cloves, whole
- Olive oil
- Poultry seasoning
- Dried parsley
- Kosher Salt
- Black pepper
The chicken takes a while to bake, so use the time to finish some chores around the house or simply lounge around and enjoy your free time! Let’s look at the directions for cooking spatchcock chicken with white wine, butter, and herbs.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Place the chicken skin side up in a large baking dish and season it with onions, garlic, butter, and herbs. Finally, add the chicken broth and half a cup of white wine.
- Take a paper towel, pat the meat dry, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Put the chicken in the oven and cook it for one hour until it turns golden brown or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Depending on the power of your oven, the meat might need more or less time to cook. If it’s weaker, bake the chicken for an additional 15-20 minutes until the juices run clear. Alternatively, if the skin gets brown too quickly, cover it with foil to prevent burning.
- Once done, baste it and leave it to cool for 10 minutes. Carve and enjoy your family dinner!
- 1 whole, young, 3lb chicken, butterflied with backbone removed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine like pinot grigio or cooking wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp butter, cubed
- 3 sprigs rosemary or thyme
- 3 sprigs sage
- 5 large garlic cloves, whole
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat oven 425 degrees
- In a baking dish, place onion, herbs, butter, garlic, chicken stock and white wine
- Pat dry chicken and add seasoned chicken in baking dish, skin side up
- Drizzle with olive oil and
- Bake chicken for one hour until golden brown, check internal temperature for 165 F
- If chicken is not done, rotate the baking dish and continue baking for an additional 15-20 minutes until juices run clear. Cover the breast with foil if browning too quickly to ensure it does not burn.
- Baste with juices & let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
I dare you to find an easier chicken recipe! Joking aside, I hope your tastebuds will dance with joy from the flavor of spatchcock chicken with white wine, butter, and herbs – let me know how it goes by leaving a rating. Lastly, make sure to check out the rest of my website for more delicious family dinner recipes!