Enjoy this wonderful yummy delight: My Fried Chicken Pasta Salad to Savor the Last Days of Summer
As the sun begins to set on the warm and lazy days of summer, there’s no better way to bid adieu to the season than with a mouthwatering dish that captures its essence. Introducing the Fried Chicken Pasta Salad – a delightful fusion of comfort food and fresh ingredients that is sure to become your favorite way to celebrate the end of summer.
**The Perfect Fusion of Flavors**
Imagine juicy, golden-brown pieces of fried chicken combined with al dente pasta, all tossed together in a harmonious blend of flavors. This salad is a medley of textures and tastes that dance on your palate, creating a symphony of satisfaction.
**Ingredients That Shine**
The star of this dish is, of course, the fried chicken. With each bite, you’re treated to a satisfying flavor and texture that gives way to succulent, tender meat. And while fried chicken is undeniably the highlight, it’s beautifully complemented by an array of fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Garden-fresh cherry tomatoes burst with juiciness, adding a burst of color and sweetness to every forkful. Crisp banana peppers provide a refreshing crunch that contrasts perfectly with the richness of the chicken. The mild freshness of ice burg lettuce brings a touch of sophistication to the salad, balancing out the flavors.
**A Symphony of Dressing**
No pasta salad is complete without the perfect dressing, and the Fried Chicken Pasta Salad is no exception. A tangy, store bought buttermilk dressing of your choice will do the trick. The dressing not only ties the ingredients together but also adds a zesty kick that dances on your taste buds.
One of the most charming aspects of this dish is its elegant simplicity. Despite its impressive flavors and textures, the Fried Chicken Pasta Salad is surprisingly easy to prepare. Whether you’re hosting a late-summer gathering or enjoying a quiet dinner at home, this dish fits seamlessly into any setting.
**Creating Lasting Memories**
As we bid farewell to the summer sun and embrace the changing seasons, the Fried Chicken Pasta Salad becomes more than just a meal; it becomes a vessel for cherished memories. Picture a table set on the patio, friends and family gathered, sharing stories and laughter as they savor the final moments of summer. This dish embodies the essence of these fleeting days, reminding us to relish the simple pleasures and savor every bite.
- 1/2 lb mafalda corta pasta, or any pasta shape of your choice
- 2 cups of fried chicken tenders
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup iceburg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup crispy turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup banana peppers
- Tangy buttermilk dressing of choice, like avocado ranch or buttermilk ranch
For homemade fried chicken tenders
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 tsp blackening seasoning or cajun seasoning
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/3 cup of flour to lightly coat chicken
- Vegetable Oil for frying, enough to coat the bottom of the skillet
- Cook pasta according to package instructions for al dente, drain, set aside and cool
- You can use pre-cooked fried chicken tenders to make this dish super fast or you can make them from scratch by seasoning 1 lb of chicken tenderloins with cajun or blackening seasoning of choice and kosher salt. Lightly coat in flour and pan fry until golden. Cool the tenders then chop and set aside for later
- To assemble, in a large bowl, combine pasta, tomatoes, turkey bacon, cheese, onion, peppers, lettuce and chicken. Top with dressing and lightly toss to combine
- Set pasta salad in the fridge overnight to be served the next day, cold
In conclusion, the Fried Chicken Pasta Salad is a delicious ode to the waning days of summer. With its harmonious blend of flavors, fresh ingredients, and simple elegance, it’s the perfect dish to celebrate the season and create lasting memories. So, gather your loved ones, raise your forks, and indulge in the crispy delight that captures the essence of summer’s sweet farewell.