There’s always one recipe that surprises the heck out of you when you make it….for me, that was my oven-roasted chicken thighs in a garlic, spinach cream sauce. I made this on a whim one night because we had a 4 pack of bone-in chicken thighs that needed to get used up and I decided to use some simple ingredients that we had on hand, garlic, spinach, cream and my favorite seasoning, better than bouillon chicken seasoning.
What those simple ingredients produced was a masterpiece. A flavor-packed chicken dish that satisfied us for weeks to come. In true Natasha fashion, I decided to make a little tiktok to share the dish with my followers. Little did I know I wasn’t the only one who enjoyed a creamy chicken thigh dish. The video has over 160K views to date and thousands of likes. I give all credit to this dish for my rapid growth on tiktok and thank you to the countless number of folks who have actually tried this dish and LOVED it. I’m still in awe.
I recently made the dish on my Instagram live but realized I still didn’t have the dish written down anywhere to document. Since it missed being apart of my first e-book and doesn’t fit into the theme for my second e-book, I wanted to publish it right here on the blog so that it would live forever 🙂
I hope you guys enjoy this creamy, decadent chicken dish! If you make it, please share your results with me! Any questions, drop them in the comments below.
Oven-roasted chicken thighs in a garlic, spinach cream sauce
- For Chicken Thighs
- 4 large organic bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tsp of chicken bouillon powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp roasted garlic powder
- 1 tsp herbs de provence
- A drizzle of olive oil
- For Sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tsp of better than bouillon roasted chicken flavor
- ½ cup of frozen or fresh spinach
- Heat oven 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, season chicken with bouillon powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, roasted garlic powder, and herbs de Provence, drizzling with olive oil ensuring the seasoning sticks.
- Heat a medium cast-iron pan, adding coconut oil and butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Sear the chicken thighs, skin side first for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip over and do the same to the other side.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside on a plate to rest.
- In the same pan, add onions and sweat for 5 minutes or until caramelized.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach and allow it to defrost or if using fresh, until it’s wilted.
- Add heavy cream and better than bouillon chicken flavor, stirring until dissolved.
- Allow the sauce to come to a simmer for 10 minutes or until thick.
- Add chicken back to the sauce and spoon the sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Turn off the flame and add skillet to the oven, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Check out the viral video here to help you in making this dish.
P.S. Check out my last recipe here.