This recipe roadtrip post is sponsored by NatureSweet but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love who allow me to continue on this cooking journey.
I partnered with my friends over at NatureSweet® tomatoes, Nature Nate’s®, Fresh Express®,
Fresh Gourmet® and Litehouse® to create two recipes with a regional flare and grilling element in celebration of their recipe road trip campaign.
I was inspired by New Jersey’s fresh, local produce and used two of the summer’s hottest ingredients to be the star of my recipes–Jersey sweet corn and Jersey peaches. Both items are in abundance every summer and the demand is crazy the second the farmers pick and ship to stores every year.
Jersey sweet corn is the sweetest corn you’ll ever taste. I wanted to highlight the beauty of the corn by pairing it with a seafood dish. Seafood boils and summer go together harmoniously as does sweet corn and seafood.
To skip the long prep of the full seafood boil, I created these handy little foil packets loaded with shrimp, sausage, corn, and NatureSweet® tomatoes. Topped with a little honey butter and seasoned with old bay, these foil packets will be the knockout winner at your dinner table. Best of all, you can throw them on the grill to keep all your summer festivities going outside.
They are ready in under thirty minutes and are absolutely delicious. The sweet corn cooks up in the foil packets and the kernels just pop in your mouth with all the buttery, garlicky goodness. You want to make this recipe, trust me. I served it with a fresh side salad with Fresh Express butter lettuce and Fresh Gourmet® crispy onions topped with Litehouse® Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing, so delicious and fresh!
Next up, I went with a healthy salad that did not skimp on the flavor. I made a grilled spicy peach glazed chicken thigh salad that was to die for. The peaches were juicy, sweet, and delicious. The marinade for the chicken thigh really was the star of the show. The spicy peach marinade doubled as a glaze and made for a delectable salad with the savoriness you love and the freshness you need.
Both recipes can be found in this blog post. I hope you’ll take a road trip to the beautiful garden state of New Jersey and indulge in some of the season’s hottest and most delicious produce.
Shrimp, sausage, corn, and tomato foil packets topped with honey butter
For foil packets:
½ lb of large peeled and deveined shrimp, with tails on
½ a turkey kielbasa sausage, sliced into rounds
2 ears of sweet Jersey corn, cut into rounds
½ a pack of NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes halved
1 tsp of old bay seasoning
½ tsp creole seasoning
½ tsp of smoked paprika
4 tbsp of butter, divided
4 cloves of garlic, smashed
Juice of ½ a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley for garnish
4 pieces of foil, large enough to make a packet
For honey butter:
4 tbsp of butter
4 tbsp of Nature Nate’s® honey
For side salad
A handful of Fresh Express® Sweet Butter™ lettuce
Topped with Fresh Gourmet® Crispy Onions
Drizzle of Litehouse® Chunky Blue Cheese dressing
Black pepper to taste
For foil packets:
1. Heat oven or grill to 425 degrees
2. In a bowl, mix together shrimp, sausage, corn, tomatoes, seasoning, lemon juice and parsley
3. Divide into four equal parts and place each serving on a piece of foil
4. Before closing up the foil top each serving with one tbsp of butter and one smashed garlic clove
5. Close foil by pinching all the sides together so no steam can escape
6. Grill for 20-25 minutes until shrimp and sausage is cooked and corn kernels are tender
For honey butter:
1. When foil packets are done cooking, combine honey and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 15 seconds or until melted
2. Stir to combine
3. Carefully open foil packets and drizzle honey butter and toss to combine
1. In a bowl, add Sweet Butter™ lettuce, top with crispy onions and blue cheese dressing. Add black pepper to taste
Grilled spicy peach glazed chicken thighs
For Chicken and marinade
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 Jersey peaches, peeled and sliced, reserve one peach for grilled salad topper
¼ cup of Nature Nate’s® honey
½ a small white onion
2 cloves of garlic
Hot sauce to taste
Pinch of salt and pepper
Splash of water
Note – reserve a ¼ cup of the marinade to use as a basting glaze for the grilled chicken
Fresh Express® Hearts of Romaine lettuce
Grilled peach slices
Fresh Gourmet® Crispy Onions
Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch dressing to taste NatureSweet® Glorys® tomatoes
Directions for chicken
1. In a blender or food processor, combine, 2 sliced peaches, honey, onion, garlic, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and water
2. Blend and pulse until smooth
3. Reserve ¼ cup of marinade to glaze the chicken
4. In a bowl combine chicken with marinade and allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight
5. Once the chicken is marinated, cook on grill until internal temperature registers 165 degrees, about 15 minutes
6. During the last 5 minutes of cooking baste the chicken with the leftover marinade and grill the left-over peach slices to use as a salad topper
Directions for assembling salad
1. In a bowl, place lettuce and top with crispy onions, tomatoes, grilled peach slices, grilled spicy peach glazed chicken thigh and ranch dressing
P.S. Check out my last post here.