This creamy salmon, tomato, and spinach Alfredo pasta is the perfect quick, easy, and nutritious weeknight dinner.
Day 2 of 6 Back-to-school dinner inspiration
Salmon is easily one of my favorite proteins ever. Having it paired with pasta is one of the best ways to enjoy it in my opinion. I’ve shared my rasta pasta recipe here, which is another amazing way to enjoy salmon pasta but this salmon, tomato, and spinach Alfredo is simply decadent. Kids love Alfredo and sprucing it up a bit more nutrition by including oven-roasted salmon, fresh spinach and tomatoes is a major win. I cooked the salmon in the oven first by roasting it in the oven at 400 degrees with the tomatoes and garlic. While the salmon cooked, I cooked my pasta and prepared my sauce. By the time my salmon was done roasting the sauce and noodles were done cooking and everything was ready to be combined. Once I tossed the noodles with the sauce, tomatoes, and spinach, I gently flaked the salmon on top of the dish to ensure that the presentation was pretty and the salmon wasn’t just mashed up in the pasta. I really enjoyed this dish and know you will too. It’s a quick weeknight meal to make during the crazy back-to-school dash. Though salmon might not be a win with all the kids, I think it’s a great way to introduce kids to new proteins.
Ingredients for my salmon, tomato, and spinach Alfredo:
Salt and pepper
Tools you’ll need:
Can I freeze this meal?
I would recommend only freezing the pasta with sauce and not the salmon. It might be okay for a week but making the fish fresh to top the Alfredo with is the best option.
Can I substitute the salmon if I don’t eat fish?
Of course! This would be great with chicken, shrimp, or crab!
More recipes to try:
Summer Zuchinni Pasta
Salmon, Tomato and Spinach Alfredo
- 1/2 lb fresh salmon filet
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz thin spaghetti cooked al dente
- 2 tsp Brown Girl Spice Lemon Dill Blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper taste
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- On a sheet pan with parchment paper, place salmon, tomatoes, and garlic. Season with Brown Girl Spice lemon dill and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and rub the salmon and tomatoes with the seasoning blend
- Bake salmon and tomatoes on the top oven rack for 12 minutes
- While salmon bakes, prepare noodles according to package instructions
- In a heavy bottom skillet, add heavy cream and bring to a simmer on medium heat
- Add dried thyme, spinach, salt and pepper and combine. Allow sauce to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Once salmon is done cooking, add tomatoes to the sauce and chop garlic and add as well
- Turn off the heat and add parmesean cheese and combine well
- Add noodles a little at a time to coat in the sauce
- Once the sauce has coasted the pasta place salmon filet on top of pasta and use two forks to gently flake apart
- Top with more parmesan cheese and serve hot
Recipe inspired by: Cooking For My Soul