I’m Chef Mireille of Global Kitchen Travels and so happy to be providing some delicious recipes for Chef Natasha of Asiliglam Cooks.
I’m a NYC based food blogger and photographer. Having worked in a lot of NYC kitchens and coming from one of the most diverse families on the planet, you will find both traditional and inspired modern interpretations of recipes from just about every country in the world. My website is a place where food, travel and education meet in one delicious place!
It’s that time of year when sweet potatoes and pumpkins are everywhere. Take advantage of the seasonal produce and make these delicious Sweet Potato Fritters that make a delicious addition to your holiday table this year.
These are kind of a variation to traditional Southern Hush Puppies with a Sweet Potato twist.
Let your Cranberry Sauce do double duty this year as it goes great with this holiday appetizer.
These fritters are light and airy and perfect for the holiday season with the addition of sweet potatoes.
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup grated sweet potato
- oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and sugar. Mix with a whisk to aerate the dry ingredients to ensure no lumps.
- In a medium bowl, beat milk and egg until well combined.
- Add the milk to the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the sweet potato and mix until well combined.
- Leave the batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large pot with enough oil for deep frying.
- Using a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of dough into the hot oil and fry until golden brown,
- Immediately place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve warm with cranberry sauce and pumpkin dip.