Easy, flavorful and absolutely delicious, my honey mustard chicken and broccoli skillet is what weeknight dinner dreams are made of.
With almost a million views on Instagram, countless shares and saves, this dinner is clearly trending for a good reason! It’s easy, attainable and delicious.
I love creating meals with familiar flavors and mustard is such a great base for the start of any great meal. I love dijon salmon and thought that it would be just as great on chicken.
Ingredients you need for this dish:
Chicken thighs, bone in
Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika
Broccoli, chopped into florets
White onion, chopped
This would work just fine with white meat but the juciness of the dark meat is undeniable here. Because we fininsh the honey mustard and broccoli skillet in the oven using dark meat pieces almost gurantee’s that the meat won’t dry out.
One of the biggest compliments I’ve gotten about this dish is that the kids love it! I think it’s because of the sweetness from the honey. Broccoli is also a kid friendly veggie and works really great in this dish.
The sauce is really a dream and good enough to enjoy all by itself. Okay, I’ve done enough talking, let’s jump right into the recipe, shall we?
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in
- Season chicken with (salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika. About 1 tsp each)
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp of garlic paste
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of beef broth or chicken broth
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Season chicken and marinate for at least one hour or overnight
2. Sear chicken on medium high heat for at least 3 minutes per side until golden brown
3. Remove chicken from the pan and sauté onion and garlic until fragrant, about a minute
4. Deglaze pan with beef broth and add corn starch and mix
5. Add milk, dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer
6. Add broccoli and stir to combine
7. Add chicken back on top of the sauce and bake in the oven at 400 degrees until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes
Serve with buttery mashed potatoes & enjoy
If you prefer the broccoli to not be part of the sauce you can add it half way through the chicken cooking in the oven.
P.S. Check out the video for the recipe here.