Italian sandwiches just got better–the chopped Italian wrap gives you the perfect bite every single time.
Ciao ragazzi! Summertime is here! I know most of you are already scrolling through vacation websites, looking for the perfect accommodation for an epic getaway. And, as you’re aware, Italy holds the top spot for many on their traveling bucket list. So, in order to prepare yourself for their one-of-a-kind cuisine, why not make a chopped Italian wrap? This famous and TikTok viral recipe of a reinvention of the traditional Italian sandwich has been loved by many on TikTok and Instagram. It’s done in practically a minute, and you can easily take it on the go. Maybe one last bite before the road?
Now you’ll also find this famous wrap in a sandwich form, but I do not prefer it that much since I sometimes find bread thick. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need to make a chopped Italian wrap:
- Burrito sized wrap
- Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- Red onion
- Provolone cheese
- Banana peppers
- Jalapeño peppers
- Italian dressing
- Italian seasoning
Once you get all of your ingredients, start preparing the chopped Italian wrap – the perfect lunch option for the entire family! Make sure not to forget that special Italian zest in your fingers while you’re cooking. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Pull out your cutting board, grab a large knife, and start chopping up all the produce into tiny, bite-sized pieces. Be mindful of your fingers!
- Once done, the filling should look like a salad, only the vegetables are much smaller.
- Add the filling to a wrap, roll it up, seal it with parchment paper, and serve instantly. Alternatively, you can cut the wrap in half so it’s easier to bite – this is also the less messy option!
- 1 Burrito sized wrap
- 1 cup Ice burg lettuce, chopped
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 thin slices of salami
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 6-8 pepperoni
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Banana peppers to taste
- Jalapeño to taste
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 2 tbsp Mayo
- 1 tbsp Italian dressing t
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- On a cutting board add all the ingredients and use a large knife to chop until everything is well combined and in bite sized pieces.
- The filling should resemble a chopped salad.
- Add filling to a wrap and roll and close, seal with parchment paper and serve right away.
That’s it! Italian dishes have never been simpler! Try out the chopped Italian wrap, and let me know what you think about it by leaving a rating. Looking for dinner ideas? Check out my other recipes on my website for inspiration!