Today, I’m bringing one of the easiest recipes directly to your kitchen that’s so good you’ll always come back for more – easy Carbonara pasta!
Pasta has a special place in my heart – every time I take a bite, it’s like I’m transported to the majestic Italian coastline, with endless Prossecos coming my way. A girl can only dream, am I right? All joking aside, one of the many reasons why I love pasta dishes is that I can be as experiment as much as I want. Due to their versatility, I can quickly whip up a sauce, and the experience is almost always different. And today, I’m bringing one of the easiest recipes directly to your kitchen that’s so good you’ll always come back for more – easy carbonara pasta!
This pasta dish is practically done in the blink of an eye, and you most likely have all the ingredients in your kitchen already. If not, put on those sneakers and dash to the store – don’t worry, I’ll be here waiting!
Here’s what you’ll need for my easy carbonara:
- Parmesan cheese or Pecorino
- Guanciale, pancetta, or bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Once you have your ingredients ready, you’ll just need one pan to make your sauce in and a whole army of hungry tummies. Or, just relish in the taste yourself – it’s all good!
- First, boil the pasta according to the package (typically 10 minutes for al dente), drain, and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Make sure to save two cups of pasta water for the sauce.
- Dice your meat into thin slices, place on medium heat, and saute until the fat and crisp have rendered.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl until no streaks appear. Add the grated cheese and a few tablespoons of the rendered fat from the meat, and season with salt and pepper to your desired taste.
- Stir until a thick paste – this gives easy Carbonara that mouthwatering creamy texture!
- On a room-temperature pan, add the pasta, some of the pasta water, and the paste you’ve just mixed.
- Mix until it gets really creamy, and add the rest of the pasta water until you’ve reached your preferred consistency. Additionally, you can add a bit more cheese for extra yumminess.
- Finally, serve in a bowl and enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese or Pecorino
- 4 oz Guanciale, pancetta or bacon
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 lb Spaghetti
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain set aside and drizzle with olive oil (save 2 cups of pasta water for later)
- Dice meat, then saute on medium heat until crispy and fat has rendered
- Whisk eggs in a bowl until no streaks remain, then add grated cheese, pepper and a few tbsp of the rendered fat from the meat
- Stir well until a nice thick paste is formed
- In a room temperature pan, add cooked pasta, a ladle of pasta water plus the egg and cheese mixture
- Mix well nonstop for at least 2 minutes or until sauce starts to get creamy
- Continue to add pasta water a little at a time until desired consistency is achieved
- Add more cheese to taste and stir in meat
- Serve warm & and enjoy!
See how you have a taste of Italy in the comfort of your own home in just a few small steps! I know some of you may be worried about the eggy taste of easy carbonara, but you can add some extra spinach or broccoli inside – although not traditional, my husband loves it this way!
Leave a review of how much you’ve enjoyed this recipe, and read the rest of my blogs for even more yummy ideas!