Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or just craving some comfort, this Italian Wedding Soup will have your taste buds dancing.
Hey there, fellow foodies! Today, we’re diving into the heartwarming world of Italian cuisine with a delicious and oh-so-cozy recipe: Homemade Italian Wedding Soup.
– Ground turkey
– Fresh Parsley
– Seasoned panko breadcrumbs
– Pecorino ramano or parmesan cheese
– Onion, finely chopped
– Garlic, minced
– Carrot, diced
– Celery stalk, chopped
– Chicken broth (homemade or store-bought)
– Small pasta (like orzo or ditalini)
– Fresh spinach or Kale, chopped
– Dried oregano
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
1. **Get the Party Started:** In a large pot over medium heat, add a little olive oil and sauté the chopped onion, garlic, carrot, and celery until they start to soften and release their amazing aromas.
2. **Meatball Magic:** Time to make those meatballs! Combine the ground turkey with a pinch of salt, pepper, and dried oregano. Roll the mixture into small meatballs and drop them into the pot. Let them cook until they’re nicely browned on the outside.
3. **Broth Bonanza:** Pour in that delicious chicken broth, bringing the party to a simmer. Let everything cozy up for about 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to mingle and dance.
4. **Pasta Pleasure:** Add in your chosen pasta (orzo or ditalini work wonders here) and let it cook until it’s tender. Remember, pasta likes to take its time, so be patient and give it the love it deserves.
5. **Spinach Surprise:** Toss in the chopped fresh spinach and watch it gracefully wilt into the soup. This vibrant green addition not only adds color but also a healthy kick.
6. **Season to Perfection:** Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to suit your palate. Don’t be shy – a little extra oregano or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes can take this soup to the next level.
7. **Serve with Love:** Ladle the soup into your favorite bowls, and don’t forget to sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top. The cheesy goodness adds that irresistible Italian touch.
For tiny meatballs:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup fresh finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp ground chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino ramono or parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil for searing
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 4 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp better than bouillon chicken paste
- 2 cups of kale or spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecorino ramano or parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of ditalini pasta or Acini de pepe or orzo pasta
- 2 L of water
- In a dutch oven, sear meatballs on all sides in olive oil on medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove meatballs and sauté vegetables until fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- To the vegetables add your seasoning, garlic & boullion paste.
- Add water and bring to a rolling boil.
- When vegetables start to get tender, after about 15 minutes, add the meatballs, kale and pasta.
- Continue to cook for an additional 12-15 minutes until meatballs & pasta are tender.
- Taste soup & adjust for seasoning if needed.
- Add pecorino ramano at the end and serve warm.
There you have it, friends! A bowl of Homemade Italian Wedding Soup that’s as comforting as a warm hug from grandma. This recipe is perfect for those cozy nights in or for impressing your friends and family at gatherings. So, tie on your apron and let’s create a culinary masterpiece that’ll have everyone shouting, “Bellissimo!”
Remember, food tastes even better when shared, so don’t forget to invite your loved ones to join you in this heartwarming soup adventure. Until next time, happy cooking, and keep those taste buds dancing!