With its simple ingredients, easy preparation, and unforgettable flavors, this lobster risotto is sure to become a cherished tradition for many romantic evenings to come.
Valentine’s Day calls for something truly special, a dish that whispers romance with every bite. Imagine sitting across from your special someone, sharing intimate moments over a sumptuous meal that rivals any upscale restaurant experience. This year, why not dazzle your loved one with a delectable homemade Lobster Risotto?
Creating a restaurant-worthy dish doesn’t have to be daunting. With just a handful of simple ingredients and a sprinkle of creativity, you can craft a creamy, luxurious Lobster Risotto that will leave your significant other swooning.
At the heart of this dish lies the velvety smoothness of the risotto. The key to achieving that perfect, creamy texture is patience and attention. Take your time stirring the risotto, gradually adding warm broth while allowing the rice to absorb it slowly. This gradual process encourages the release of starch, resulting in that signature creamy consistency that defines a stellar risotto.
Now, let’s talk lobster. Steaming lobster tails might seem intimidating, but fear not – it’s easier than you think. Begin by placing the lobster tails in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam for about 8-10 minutes until the shells turn bright red and the meat becomes opaque and slightly firm. Once cooked, remove the lobster meat from the shells and chop it into succulent chunks, ready to be folded into your risotto masterpiece.
Combining the tender lobster meat with the rich, creamy risotto creates flavors that will transport you and your loved one to gastronomic heaven. The sweetness of the lobster harmonizes beautifully with the savory notes of the risotto, resulting in a dish that’s both indulgent and comforting.
- 2 6 oz lobster tails
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups lobster stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Kosher salt to taste
To finish risotto
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
For lobster stock
- 5 cups water
- 2 tbsp better than bouillon lobster paste
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 lobster tails
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley to garnish
- First, prepare lobster stock by bringing water to a boil in a deep pot and adding onion, celery, better than bouillon lobster paste and salt
- Bring water to a rolling boil and add in lobster tails to cook. Allow lobster tails to cook for about 5 minutes or until shell is bright red and lobster tails have curled up
- Remove lobster tails and set aside
- Strain stock and reserve for risotto
- To a skillet, melt butter and add olive oil
- on medium heat, saute onion, celery and garlic until fragrant, about a minute or two
- Add in tomato paste and toast for another minute then add in rice and mix well to combine
- Add lobster stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until rice has fully absorbed the stock each time
- Continue to do this until you have no stock left or until the rice is tender and creamy, whichever comes first
- When rice is creamy, after about 30 minutes, add in heavy cream, butter and parmesan cheese
- Mix well to combine and season to taste with kosher salt and pepper as desired
- Lobster tails are cooked, so simply remove the meat from the shell and discard of the shell
- Chop lobster meat into bite size pieces and place on top of risotto
- You can choose to heat the lobster meat in a brown butter to warm through if desired then serve on top of risotto
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley
Risotto takes patience as it's all about getting that beautiful creamy texture so take your time and stir with your heart.
Don't overcook the lobster tails! They cook quickly so keep an eye on them. You can also remove the meat and allow the shell to continue simmering in the stock for an even deeper lobster flavor.
You can also just buy cooked lobster meat and lobster stock from the grocery store to save som time!
So, this Valentine’s Day, skip the crowded restaurants and opt for a cozy evening at home with your special someone. Treat them to the ultimate gesture of love with this exquisite Lobster Risotto. With its simple ingredients, easy preparation, and unforgettable flavors, it’s sure to become a cherished tradition for many romantic evenings to come. Cheers to love, laughter, and the joy of sharing a homemade meal with the one you adore.