Elevate Your Burger Game with the Flying Dutchman Turkey Burger: A Lean and Flavorful Twist on the Viral Sensation
In the ever-evolving world of food trends, one recipe has taken the internet by storm in the past couple weeks—the legendary In-N-Out inspired Flying Dutchman. However, for those who lean towards a lighter and healthier option without compromising on taste, we present to you a mouthwatering twist: the Flying Dutchman Turkey Burger.
Why the Flying Dutchman Turkey Burger?
While the traditional Flying Dutchman is a carnivore’s delight, our turkey burger version caters to those who prefer a leaner protein source. Packed with flavor and juiciness, this turkey burger ensures you can enjoy the viral sensation while making a conscious choice towards a healthier lifestyle.
- Ground Turkey: Opt for lean ground turkey to keep things light yet protein-packed.
- Dutchman Sauce: A tantalizing combination of mayo, ketchup and relish, bringing that iconic Dutchman flavor to your turkey creation.
- Cheese Slices: Melt-in-your-mouth goodness with your favorite cheese choice.
- Onion “bun”: Embrace the low-carb trend by swapping the traditional bun for a cheesy red onion
- Prepare the Patties: Mix lean ground turkey with salt and pepper to form patties. Add mustard and pan fry until golden brown and cooked through.
- Craft the Dutchman Sauce: In a bowl, blend mayo, ketchup, and relish. Adjust quantities to suit your taste buds.
- Assemble with Flair: Place your turkey patty on a crispy cheesy red onion Add a slice of cheese, and generously slather on the Dutchman sauce.
- Serve and Share: Plate your creation and share the love on social media. Use trending hashtags to join the viral conversation and showcase your unique spin on the Flying Dutchman.
- 4 fresh turkey patties, or 1 LB ground turkey meat formed into 4 patties
- 4 slices of cheese of choice
- 4 tbsp yellow mustard
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter for searing burgers
- 1 tbsp Olive oil for searing burgers
For crispy cheesy red onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided into 8 little piles (some for the top of the onion and some for the bottom)
- 1 oversized red onion, sliced into 8 large rounds
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp sugar free ketchup
- 2 tbsp relish
- Slice red onion into 8 large rounds
- Place parchment paper on a large baking tray and add shredded cheese to the bottom into 8 little piles
- Add red onion slice on top of cheese and cover with additional shredded cheese
- Bake in the oven on 400 for 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and onion is tender and fragrant
- Remove onion from the oven and allow to cool
- Prepare turkey burger meat by seasoning with kosher salt and pepper and massaging in yellow mustard
- Sear on medium heat in olive oil and butter until golden brown on each side, about 5-7 minutes per side
- Remove burger patties from heat and allow them to rest
- For sauce combine, ketchup, relish and mayo mixing well
- Assemble burger with onions as the buns and patty on the inside, top with as much sauce as desired
Add banana pepeprs for a nice pop of flavor
- Lean Protein: Turkey is a fantastic source of lean protein, promoting muscle health without excess fat.
- Low-Carb Option: The onion bun not only adds a satisfying crunch but also makes this burger a perfect low-carb alternative.
As the internet continues to buzz with the In-N-Out inspired Flying Dutchman trend, our turkey burger adaptation stands out as a healthier and equally delicious option. Join the viral sensation while making a mindful choice for your well-being. It’s time to savor the flavor, guilt-free!